Workshop CoordinatorJune 18, 2022 2022-06-18 13:36
FTE 0.125 Volunteer (approx. 5 hrs/wk)
We are looking for someone to serve as the primary owner and driver of our workshops. Workshops are on-site or digital instructional times for local churches where we provide training to attendees on any subject loosely related to our respective Faculty areas of expertise. They can range anywhere from a few hours on a Saturday morning to entire weekends (or any other time during the week, as determined in conjunction with the hosting entity). This person would help us coordinate all the details of workshops that we do, and additionally, would help us set up new workshops. This is a remote position, and can be done from anywhere (provided the time zone differences don’t prohibit regular workday interactions in a primarily North American context).
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Event planning experience
- Highly personable with excellent people skills
- Organizational skills (database management)
- Communication skills (interpersonal, written word, email)
- Working knowledge of Google Suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Classroom, Sites, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Zoom software
- Working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Help us set up and coordinate our workshop events (logistics, coordination with professor for materials, travel, lodging, etc.)
- Help get new workshops set up in churches
- Social media promotion of workshops
- Communication (interface with host church, provide social media materials, copy, etc.)
- Pillar website management for workshop details
- Registration & enrollment
- Payment collection
- Data & survey collection
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s Statement of Faith (the Apostles’ Creed)
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s mission and values
- Must work well with others on a team
- Must be able to engage others in a courteous and professional manner
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Must have high school diploma
- College and even seminary experience preferred
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active participation in a local church
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- This is a remote position. Must be able to provide your own computer and workspace sufficient to see the demands of the job can be met. An institutional email account will be provided.
- Must be able to provide your own phone for work use purposes.
- Works with: President, Academic Dean, Provost, Director of Development, Faculty persons
- Reports to: Director of Development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel. Vision (with or without accommodations) is required to correctly identify color, clarity, contrast, and depth perception.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Pillar Seminary is a religious organization and reserves the right to discriminate based on the basis of religion.