Communications CoordinatorJune 18, 2022 2022-06-18 13:58
FTE 0.25 Volunteer (approx. 10 hrs/wk)
We are looking for someone to serve as the primary owner and driver of our messaging, social media content and institutional communication media. This person will understand and promote our mission and values, as well as stories of others doing the same. This person will also help design and implement an overarching strategy for our institutional communication in close conjunction with the President and Director of Development. This is a remote position, and can be done from anywhere (provided the time zone differences don’t prohibit regular workday interactions in a primarily North American context).
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Communication skills (interpersonal, written word, email)
- Marketing skills (sales, branding, copywriting, promotion, etc.)
- Command of various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Competence in post-production video (editing, rendering, compressing, uploading, etc.), or willingness and capacity to learn
- Competence in digital design software (Canva is what we currently use), or willingness and capacity to learn
- Working knowledge of Google Suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Classroom, Sites, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Zoom software
- Owns and drives Pillar’s social media content (coordinates with various other staff persons for their content but oversees the process)
- Owns and drives Pillar’s institutional communication (emails, brochures, etc.)
- Gathers and promotes stories and marketing materials from students, faculty, staff, etc.
- Design and implementation of an overarching communications strategy for Pillar.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s Statement of Faith (the Apostles’ Creed)
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s mission and values
- Must work well with others on a team
- Must be able to engage others in a courteous and professional manner
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Must have a college degree
- Seminary experience preferred
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active participation in a local church
- Social media, sales, or branding experience strongly desired
- This is a remote position. Must be able to provide your own computer and workspace sufficient to see the demands of the job can be met. An institutional email account will be provided.
- Must be able to provide your own phone for work use purposes.
- Works with: President, Academic Dean, Provost, Director of Development, Director of Student Services, Faculty persons
- Reports to: Director of Development
- Leads: Lunchtime Seminary Coordinator, Workshop Coordinator (in communications dept.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel. Vision (with or without accommodations) is required to correctly identify color, clarity, contrast, and depth perception.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Pillar Seminary is a religious organization and reserves the right to discriminate based on the basis of religion.