Administrative And Finance CoordinatorJune 18, 2022 2022-10-24 7:56
Administrative And Finance Coordinator
Administrative And Finance Coordinator
FTE up to 0.5 (up to 20 hrs/wk)
Compensation is $20/hr, no benefits
This position will tend to administrative duties for Pillar Seminary, and will serve both Administrative and Academic Officers of the institution. This position will serve as project manager on various projects, as assigned, including but not limited to ensuring timely deliverables and maintaining active communication with project stakeholders and Seminary administration. This is a remote position, and can be done from anywhere (provided the time zone differences don’t prohibit regular workday interactions in a primarily North American context). Preferred working hours are between 8:00a and 5:00p Central, Mondays through Fridays.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Highly responsive with excellent people skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work responsibly with integrity in a remote work setting
- Basic understanding of invoicing, billing, and payment systems and processes
- Communication skills (interpersonal, written word, email)
- Organizational skills (database, file management, etc.)
- Working knowledge of constituent relationship management (CRM) softwares (E.g., Bloomerang, training provided)
- Working knowledge of Google Suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Classroom, Sites, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Zoom software
- Process tuition and student fees billing/invoicing and receiving process (incl. scholarships, in conjunction w/Financial Aid Committee)
- Assist students with making payments through established processes and systems
- Assist with donation processing (checks received, ACH processing, in conjunction w/Director of Development)
- Ensure payroll is accurate and on time (in conjunction with outsourced Payroll and Accounting firms)
- Ensure tax form 1098-T is accurate and provided for each student in a timely fashion
- Ensure all bills are paid on time (incl. Pillar credit card, when applicable)
- Assist with data entry and records management in the Student Information System (STARS) and Bloomerang
- Assist the management of Pillar software subscriptions and accounts
- Manage internal personnel calendar, assist with setting appointments
- Oversee institutional communication (answer phone, respond to information requests, follow up communications as assigned)
- Serve as project manager on various projects, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYEES
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s Statement of Faith (the Apostles’ Creed)
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s mission and values
- Must work well with others on a team
- Must be able to engage others in a courteous and professional manner
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- College degree preferred
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active participation in a local church
- Prior experience in office administration
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to provide your own computer and workspace sufficient to see the demands of the job can be met. An institutional email and Zoom account will be provided.
- Must be able to provide your own phone for work use purposes.
- Works with: President, Administrative Officers, Academic Officers
- Reports to: President
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel. Vision (with or without accommodations) is required to correctly identify color, clarity, contrast, and depth perception.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Pillar Seminary is a religious organization and reserves the right to discriminate based on the basis of religion.