Church Relations CoordinatorJune 18, 2022 2022-06-18 13:34
Church Relations Coordinator
Church Relations Coordinator
FTE 0.125-0.25 Volunteer (approx. 5-10 hrs/wk)
We are looking for someone to serve as the primary point person for our existing and future church relationships. This person will maintain and further develop the relationships we already have with various churches, and additionally, will strategically pursue new relationships with other churches which may lead to future supporters or learners (students in any one of our various programs). This person will also establish and grow relationships with our degree students’ churches. This is a remote position, and can be done from anywhere (provided the time zone differences don’t prohibit regular workday interactions in a primarily North American context).
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be highly relational
- Organizational skills (database management)
- Communication skills (interpersonal, written word, email)
- Working knowledge of Google Suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Classroom, Sites, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Zoom software
- Establishes new relationships with churches for potential supporters and learners
- Maintains relationships with current church contacts
- Develops and maintains relationships with current student churches
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s Statement of Faith (the Apostles’ Creed)
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s mission and values
- Must work well with others on a team
- Must be able to engage others in a courteous and professional manner
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Must have high school diploma
- College degree preferred
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active participation in a local church
- This is a remote position. Must be able to provide your own computer and workspace sufficient to see the demands of the job can be met. An institutional email account will be provided.
- Must be able to provide your own phone for work use purposes.
- Works with: President, Director of Development, Director of Student Services
- Reports to: Director of Development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel. Vision (with or without accommodations) is required to correctly identify color, clarity, contrast, and depth perception.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Pillar Seminary is a religious organization and reserves the right to discriminate based on the basis of religion.