Website AdministratorAugust 27, 2022 2023-11-28 19:31
FTE 0.25 Volunteer (approx. 10 hrs/wk)
We are looking for someone to serve as the primary administrator of the Pillar Seminary website. This includes ensuring the content and information on the website is current and accurate, and presented in a manner consistent with the Pillar brand and messaging. This is a remote position, and can be done from anywhere (provided the time zone differences don’t prohibit regular workday interactions in a primarily North American context).
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of website design and administration, especially the WordPress environment
- Familiar with programming languages HTML, XML, Java, and CSS helpful, but no required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Google Suite of products (Docs, Sheets, Drive, Classroom, Sites, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Zoom software
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot the Seminary website in collaboration with Director of Development and other Administrative Officers
- Review web content, links, and design; provide necessary updates and enhancements in a timely manner
- Discuss, analyze, review, and resolve usability issues in conjunction with Development teams.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s Statement of Faith (the Apostles’ Creed)
- Be in wholehearted agreement with Pillar’s mission and values
- Must work well with others on a team
- Must be able to engage others in a courteous and professional manner
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Must have a college degree (Communication, Sales, Marketing preferred)
- Seminary experience preferred
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR PREFERENCES
- Active, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active participation in a local church
- Web development experience strongly preferred
- This is a remote position. Must be able to provide your own computer and workspace sufficient to see the demands of the job can be met. An institutional email account will be provided.
- Must be able to provide your own phone for work use purposes.
- Works with: President, Director of Development
- Reports to: Director of Development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel. Vision (with or without accommodations) is required to correctly identify color, clarity, contrast, and depth perception.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Pillar Seminary is a religious organization and reserves the right to discriminate based on the basis of religion.